As you all know, I have been collaborating more with my friend and Twitch streamer Soph. For November, we’re combining several of my favorite things – including food, friendship, and adorable anime – to create a series of streams and posts we’re calling: Studio Ghibli Month!
The plan is for Soph to cook several dishes based off of foods seen in these beloved films. (I wanted to make a cute little red-and-orange felt Calcifer to put on her frying pan, but we’ll see about that.) She’ll stream those on Wednesdays at 9 p.m.
Here’s what’s on the menu (with the corresponding movie in parentheses):
- Ramen (Ponyo)
- Read bean bun (Spirited Away)
- Sponge cake (Spirited Away)
- Herring (or fish) pot pie (Kiki’s Delivery Service)
- Winter veggie nimono (Castle in the Sky)
- Horse mackerel (From Up on the Poppy Hill)
- Salmon in bechamel sauce (Porco Rosso)
- Taiwanese meatballs (Ba-wan) (Spirited Away)
Say it with me: Yum!
Then, on Thursdays, we will be watching several of our favorite films. We recently discovered that our friend The Architect hasn’t seen many (if any at all?) Studio Ghibli films, so we are going to rectify this situation. First up, I believe, might be Howl’s Moving Castle. Which, if you’ll remember, is one of my favorite films/books of all time.
I’ll try to live-tweet at least this first week of movies. Should be super fun.
P.S. An update about NaNoWriMo is also coming – don’t worry.