The Journal of Dungeoneering for Hip and Attractive Professionals releases the following call for papers and art to fill its inaugural issue.
In the present age of darkness, we need hip and attractive professionals to share their knowledge of shadowy lairs and dens of evil. Do you posses in-depth knowledge of the deeper dungeons? Are you a career-forward intellectual visionary? Are you also a dime with a dope soundtrack? Cool, send us your dorky shit so we can whip up this zine. We are looking for:
- articles about tabletop role playing games and the arts and culture around them
- reviews of games and books
- pictures of badass dragons
- content and strategy for Pathfinder, D&D, and similar systems
- discussion of popular TTRPG podcasts and let’s plays
- non-fiction about your RPG experiences
- fantasy and sci-fi art
- interviews with TTRPG industry professionals
- self promotion about your TTRPG stuff, your art, or your podcast
- nerd fashion tips and profiles
The Journal of Dungeoneering for Hip and Attractive Professionals will be an online zine available as both a blog and as a web-friendly pdf. We seek to occupy the Teen Vogue / The American Journal of Psychology niche of the TTRPG community, except more mature and with better jobs. We value sensible yet chic dice bags, natural and enhanced 20s, and TPKs that make a statement.
Proposals are appreciated. All submissions will be notified upon acceptance or rejection. No feedback will be provided upon rejection.
- Submit prose in .rtf, .docx, or .doc.
- Submit art via Google Drive link.
- If you have questions about the appropriate length of a piece of writing, submit a proposal.
This zine is not the place to submit screeds against woke culture in gaming. As adults who agree to play pretend based on a set of predetermined rules, we have evolved beyond the need to pass judgement upon marginalized identities. Inclusivity is in. Misogyny is passé.
Submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Token compensation will be paid for accepted pieces.
Alex Glenn Friedman M.F.A. M.A. B.A.
Elizabeth Jenike M.A. B.A.